Businesses that Fail to Plan are Planning to Fail
- Do you have a Vision for where you want your business to be in 3-5 years?
- Are you tracking your business progress?
- Will you meet your sales and profit goals this year?
- Do you have a roadmap guiding your business journey?
If you answered NO to any of these questions or you don’t know what these questions mean, consider the benefit of developing your business plan. Planning allows you to chart your path NOW for where you want your business to be down the road.
“The single most important element that determines the success or failure of a small business is not developing a long-range business plan.” - Improving the Health of Your Business, Nolo Press.
Consider putting the following in place:
- Create a one page plan that you will use throughout the life of your business. Your plan is a living, breathing document and should be updated quarterly and annually.
- Keep your accounting current and up to date. Review your profit and loss statements monthly. If you don’t know how to create and / or read a financial statement, ask your accountant or bookkeeper to show you, take a class, or ask an informed colleague.
- Get support. Join a group. Meet with a coach. Form your own advisory board. Don’t go it alone and find yourself isolated and defeated.
Remember the road to success is a rollercoaster. You have to weather the down turns and keep the upside in perspective. Build momentum over time and moderate yourself with conscious planning and strategic goals. An ounce of pragmatism will tip the scales in your favor.
Time Sensitive Special Offer!!
There are two seats available in my September 23 One Page Business Plan class that meets in Santa Rosa. This action packed workshop starts at 9am and doesn’t stop until 5pm! I am offering a huge discount to the first two people who email me (email@example.com) and want in on this business changing opportunity. You can have it for just $97! It will cost you just $97 to take your business to the next level of success and prosperity! If you sign up on my website the cost is $349. You do the math!